We can have hyperthyroidism when our thyroid glands become overly active and produce more hormones than what it requires. This can be due to excessive intake of iodine, the inflammation of thyroid gland or the abnormal secretion of the TSH. This can cause several signs and symptoms that we will be feeling in our body. the symptoms will include irregularity in menstrual cycle (for women), inability to concentrate, excessive weight loss, fast heart beat even in inactive situations, fatigue, sweating, depression and many others. Once you notice these symptoms in you, go to your doctor immediately. They might prescribe medications for you to take, but if you want to add some home remedies with it, you can try some of the efficient home remedies for hyperthyroidism.
Home remedies to cure hyperthyroidism:
1. In order to effectively cure thyroid problems, you need a change in your diet. That will reduce the symptoms that are caused by the disease. Try lessening intakes of foods like wheat, soybeans, dairy products, broccoli, spinach and cabbage. This food groups will affect in the increase of hormones being produced by the glands. If you can not eliminate these foods entirely from your diet, at least decrease it. That will then help your thyroid to function moderately.
2. Avoid stimulants like coffee and nicotine. These can only bring more activity into the thyroids that will then add into the production of hormones. It will only worsen the hyperthyroidism that you have. Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages as well as smoking of cigarettes. You will notice best results once you have eliminated these from your lifestyle and diet.
3. The lemon balm is a good herb that helps reduce the activity in the thyroid. It is an herb from the min family that can be served as a tea. You can drink this regularly as a substitute to coffee or any caffeinated drink.
4. Antioxidants will be helpful in trying to manage the excessive hormone production from the thyroid. Vitamin C and green tea are good antioxidants. They are used to cleanse the body as well as the blood from any unwanted or unneeded radicals inside our body. Vitamin C can be taken in a form of capsules or even from citrus fruits and juices. Daily intake of these two will keep us free from worsening the hyperthyroid.
5. Acupuncture is one of the most efficient home remedies for hyperthyroidism. This helps restore the hormones into its appropriate levels. Acupuncture us a method where in thin needles are used into some specific points in our body. That way, it can correct any problem with the part that is related to that certain point. You can not actually do this at home by yourself though. You either need to hire an expert acupuncturist or maybe go to a clinic that offers acupuncture services.
Before you try these home remedies for hyperthyroidism, you fist need to make sure that you are not allergic with them especially the herbs. You can fist consult your physician and ask him whether these will be good for you. Anyway, it will not affect your medications. It will only serve as a support in order for you to cure your disease more quickly.[ad_2]
Source by Ryan English